Friday, September 01, 2006


Ape Cerite, Bunge Seri Pagi?

ya ya ya. Trying to be clever lah. TRYING be the key word.

Well let's see what happened.

Well I'm crossing my fingers on trying to open a gateway for my independant musician sisters and brothers of the country. Gateway of understanding lah. Not flight tickets to a country where music and creative talents are appreciated,not persecuted and stepped on with prejudice and ignorance. Sorry guys we need to go the right way first.

Also was a guest at the historical most ostentatious wedding of the century. It was alright, I think hyping something way beyond expectations will only result in some disappointment. And you know what? Everyone should just leave the couple the hell alone after this. I mean we've all given them enough crap, they celebrated their special day with millions of people here (and abroad!), yet those closest to them were either absent or half-heartedly there. So enough is enough lah. Let them live in peace lah. I don't understand why Siti's fans are so damn shallow that a simple decision on who she wants to be with, would influence how much they like her. Isn't it about her vocal talent, showmanship, performance quality?

Well then again, look at The Great Malaysian Phenomenon Mawi (phenomenon cos we're still trying to figure out how average singing abilities, little to no presence in person, and average Mat looks would actually garner nationwide adoration. Oh wait. It's the Quran reading skills ain't it?). Worshipped by Malaysians, the Felda poster boy quickly lost his grip on Minahs and Mak Ciks across the country when he predictably dumped ex-unibrowed ex-fiance. And then with the woman writing a book? What could you possibly write about? How many pages can you soak in self pity for being dumped? You saw it coming waaaay back.... and then you cheapen yourself further by going on national tv to wallow in more self pity, demanding pity from the world around you too.... ouch. Now THAT's malu.

What else... well the cops gotta buck up with all those reports of violence and abuse. I'd like to one day be able to fully trust my law-enforcers, really I do. And we gotta help them clean up the force and throw out the dirty ones. So keep on whistle-blowing, my brothers and sisters!

And I just recorded the song to my new show. It's pretty cool, I like it. Very Intox. You'll know it when you hear it hehehehe.

And I'm glad I have friends in the workplace and elsewhere who actually listen to me and give a shit about what I do and support me. Cos I'm slowly beginning to realise that ironically as a person who has the platform to be heard by thousands, millions even (if I'm lucky lah) through the media - the only ones who don't seem to give a shit are my own blood. Oh well. Maybe it's their way of making sure I work harder and harder to prove to them I'm actually worth jack shit. Hmmm? To those who are parents or planning to be soon - don't use this reverse psychology man. It's only gonna mess them up in the head... and hurt them in the heart hahahha.

Well at least I can justify all my wrongs now! hahahahahahaha how Hollywood.

2:01 PM

Comments: Post a Comment


The world is a vampire, set to drain
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
And what do I get, for my pain
Betrayed desires, and a part of the game

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Then someone will say what is lost might never be saved
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

Now I'm naked, nothing but an animal
But can you fake it, for just one more show?
And what do you want?
I want change

And what have you got, when you feel the same?
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage
Then someone will say what is lost can never be saved
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage



How long can we sit in silence, to BE silenced?
I'd rather die fighting the fight to be ME than live as another drone of the system.
RockSugar is...

Rina O - retired rocker, Noisemaker, Fun Manager, Window-Shopaholic...
"I Say" was her column given a premature death...
...because fluff sells better than alternate viewpoints - thanks to the corporate whores.

She spends her days trying to make television relevant and real... and most times losing the war against superficiality, manufactured crap and the power of the ch-ching!...


Friends

Lelaki Rockers Cina Terakhir
Khai The Ciplak Man
Joyce Da Fairy
Codename : Powder
Catchphrase "That's Haaawwwttt"
MacPao
Bubbly Bel
Peter Brown
Wasted Talent
Joe Kidd


Check them out

-CIPLAK the movie-
-Poke Da Sky-
-The Storyteller-
-MalaysiaKini-
-The Last Communist-
-Bantus Capoeira Malaysia-
-Limmy-Lim Da Sneaker Pimp-
-Centre for Independant Journalism-
-Katagender-
-The Balai Rakyat you WANNA visit-
-Brand New Malaysian-


Rock On!

-Deja Voodoo Spells-
-Love Me Butch-
-Triple6Poser-
-Ahli Fiqir-
-Cassandra-
-Y2K-
-Tempered Mental-
-Nao-
-They Will Kill Us All-
-Butterfingers-
-Dragon Red-
-Seven Collar T-Shirt-
-Prana-
-Carburetor Dung-


I like!


This is KennySia. He's funny as hell!
-PostSecret-
-The Back Dorm Boys-
-Funny Furongjie!-
-Bored No More-
-Gossip You Love To Hate-
-Creative Criminal-
-I Just Want.... Video-
-The Datin Diaries-
-(Work in progress)-




Thank Yous

Deviantart - Image
MIzZ FrEAq - Designer